Yes, you read correctly. 3 day mascara, before you start making prejudgment's about weather its sanitary or comfortable hear me out.
Max Factor is and has been one of the leading innovative make up brands in the world, daughter company of Procter & Gamble.
Fact; Max Factor invented the term "Make up" they also invented lip gloss.
From my research the Lashinfinity 3 day mascara is more of a tint than a mascara.
The double ended tube features the tint and a remover on the corresponding end.
The idea is a smudge proof, water proof and basically life proof product that can only be dislodged with the remover provided. This flake resistant, no wax tint style mascara is said to gently bond to lashes creating definition and darkening for a flexible patent like finish.
The Max Factor Lashinfinity 3 day mascara will be available in the top 100 boots stores on Wednesday, 5th of June. Unfortunately, Max Factor products are unavailable in Canadian and American stores as of 2010. Thankfully we can still order online.
The official opening of the waiting list for Lashfinity 3 day mascara went live on Boots.com on Monday 13th of May 2013. Those who want to join the waiting list will recieve a $3 off via email code, redeemable at www.boots.com/lashinfinity.
I look forward to reviewing this product!!! Until then...
Tuesday, 21 May 2013
Product Vs. Product
· BORAGO OFFICINALIS SEED OIL, BUTYLENE GLYCOL, CAPRYLIC/CAPRIC TRIGLYCERIDE, CARBOMER, CETYL ALCOHOL, CLYCERYL STEARATE, CYCLOPENTASILOXANE, DIMETHICONE, DISODIUM EDTA, DISTEARLYDIMONIUM CHLORIDE, DMDM HYDANTOIN, ETHYLENE BRASSYLATE, GLYCERIN, GLYCERYL STEARATE, GLYCINE SOJA (SOYBEAN) STEROL, GLYCOL STEARATE, HELIANTHUS ANNUUS (SUNFLOWER) SEED OIL, HYDROXYETHYLCELLULOSE, ISOPROPYL ISOSTEARATE, ISOPROPYL PALMITATE, LACTIC ACID, LECITHIN, LINOLEIC ACID, LINOLENIC ACID, MAGNESIUM ALUMINUM SILICATE, METHYLPARABEN, MINERAL OIL, PEG-100 STEARATE, PETROLATUM, PHENOXYETHANOL, POTASSIUM HYDROXIDE, POTASSIUM LACTATE, PROPYLPARABEN, SODIUM CHLORIDE, SODIUM HYDROXYPROPYL STARCH PHOSPHATE, STEARETH-21, STEARIC ACID, STEARYL STEARATE, TAPIOCA STARCH, TITANIUM DIOXIDE, TOCOPHERYL ACETATE (VITAMIN E ACETATE), TRIETHANOLAMINE, WATER, XANTHAN GUM
(Alba) Un-petroleum Jelly Ingredients:
· RICINUS COMMUNIS (CASTOR) SEED OIL, COCOS NUCIFERA (COCONUT) OIL, BEESWAX, HYDROGENATED CASTOR OIL, TOCOPHERYL ACETATE, TOCOPHEROL
Just the ingredient listings speak volumes.
If you have a hard time pronouncing something should you be using it daily?
While Vaseline makes no claims to be healthy or environmentally friendly, (Alba) Un-petroleum is 100% vegetarian, formulated without artificial colors, parabens, phthalates, sodium lauryl sulfate or sodium myreth sulfate.
WINNER IS.......... Un-Petroleum Jelly!!
In my experience I would never use either as a sole moisturizer but as a product to apply to seal in moisture. Try applying after your favourite moisturizer!
Thursday, 16 May 2013
I wanted to write to you about something that is so important, inner beauty. All the products in the world can’t change how you feel and how others feel about you.
I want you all to know that it’s not about where you’re from, what you’ve done, where you’ve been or where you’re going. It’s where you are now that counts. & no, I don’t mean where you are or you’re status in any form. I mean where you are in your mind and in your heart.
Nothing in this world is worth your happiness & the same to all around you. If there is something you can do for yourself or for another to make things easier, brighter or more joyful, do it.
You don’t need to be recognized, you don’t need praise if you yourself are happy or proud; that is all you need.
Never forget that!
The best thing you can ever learn is to love, and be loved in return. –Boy on a Dolphin
I love to support organic, vegan & animal cruelty free products. Unfortunately some of my favorite products don’t fall into those categories. Here are in my opinion, the best that do.
· Cover FX cream foundation SPF 30 (currently wearing)
· Tarte Amazonian clay 12 hour coverage foundation SPF 15
· Nars sheer matte foundation
· Urban Decay naked weightless skin ultra definition makeup
· Smashbox camera ready full coverage foundation
· OCC airbrush foundation
· Urban Decay 24/7 concealer pencil
· Smashbox camera ready full coverage concealer
· Nars radiant creamy concealer
· Nars stick concealer
· OCC skin conceal
· Cover FX cream concealer
· Cover FX matte setting powder
· Cover FX blotting powder
· Urban Decay de-slick mattifying powder
· Urban Decay razor sharp ultra definition finishing powder
· Nars pressed powder
· Smashbox halo hydrating perfecting powder
· Smashbox high definition dual finish micro powder
· Tarte Amazonian clay finishing powder
· Urban Decay afterglow glide on cheek tint
· Urban Decay naked flushed
· Smashbox blush rush
· OCC cream colour concentrate (multi-purpose)
· Tarte sheer passion maracuja hydrating cheek tint
· Smashbox brow tech to go
· Urban Decay brow box
· Urban Decay urbanbrow
· Tarte Amazonian clay waterproof brow mousse
· OCC loose color concentrates (over 36 shades!)
· Urban Decay naked palette 1 (see naked palette 2 if you prefer matte shadow)
· Urban Decay 24/7 glide on shadow pencil
· Tarte Amazonian clay waterproof cream eyeshadow
· Tarte bambeautiful Amazonian clay eye shadow palette
· Tarte Amazonian clay matte waterproof mineral powder bronzer
· Urban Decay baked bronzer (face & body)
· Smashbox bronze lights
· Tarte double dose berry boost & gloss
· OCC lip tar (46 shades + clear)
· Smashbox lip tech
· Smashbox lip enhancing gloss
· Smashbox photo finish lipstick
· Smashbox the nude lip liner
· Smashbox o-plump
· Urban Decay lip junkie
· Urban Decay 24/7 glide on lip pencil
· Urban Decay super-saturated high gloss lip color
· Urban Decay lip envy lip stain
· Cover FX mint glaze FX
· Tarte lights camera lashes 4-in-1 mascara
· Tarte multiplEYE lash enhancer
· Tarte Amazonian clay waterproof liner
· Tarte aqua gel eyeliner duo
· Tarte multiplEYE lash enhancing liquid liner
· Urban Decay supercurl mascara
· Urban Decay urban lash (mascara for false lashes)
· Urban Decay lush lash system
· Urban Decay urban lash falsies in hoax
· Urban Decay 24/7 double ended glide on pencil eyeliner
· Urban Decay 24/7 waterproof liquid liner
If you have any vegan products that no one should miss out on list them in the comment section below!
This one’s for you, Lisa LaRochelle.
Wednesday, 15 May 2013
I like to operate in order of urgency and what could be more urgent than your emergency make up kit/ back up?!?!
Nothing that’s what!!
So, what would this emergency make up kit consist of you might ask? Well, depending on the girl it might be something like;
· Gel liner (my pick, Bobbi Brown long wear gel liner)
· Powder compact (my pick, Urban Decay de-slick mattifying powder)
· Mascara (my pick, Smashbox full exposure mascara)
· Lip color/ gloss (my pick, Urban Decay lip envy)
· Blotting papers (my pick, Sephora collection papers)
· Brow gel (my pick, Make Up Forever Brow Seal transparent)
· Eye shadow blending brush (my pick, Urban Decay Good Karma Optical blending brush)
· Concealer (my pick, Bobbi Brown Creamy Concealer Kit)
· Neutral blush that can double as eye shadow (my pick, Two Faced Sweethearts Perfect Flush)
· Highlighter (my pick, Urban Decay Urban Glow Cream Highlight)
List you’re emergency make-up kit must haves in the comment section below!
If you’re anything like me, you’re constantly on the go. These tips are to help the everyday women maintain her polished and primp appearance with items on hand or that are easily accessible!
· Dip an angled brush in your mascara to use as eyeliner (but hurry it dries quickly).
· Use a colored lipstick or gloss to add color to your cheeks and eye lids (blending is key).
· Try a flesh toned shimmery eye shadow in place of highlight and vice-versa.
· Use a moisturizer in place of hair product to combat dry ends (a little goes a long way).
· Part your hair using the handle of a slim make-up brush (pens and pencils work too!).
· Apply a high shine black nail varnish to conceal imperfections on black patent leather.
· Dab a light moisturizer on dehydrated lips.
· In place of facial blotting papers use a tissue to absorb excess oil on the face.
· Use a lip balm on dry or cracked cuticles in place of cuticle oil (moisturizer works great too).
· As a dry shampoo try applying any hand sanitizer with an alcohol base sparingly to the root area.
If there are any quick tips that have saved your day please comment in the section below!
Sharing is caring! :)
Waitress/ server on the job quick fix tips using ONLY kitchen supplies:
· Use corn starch to combat any glistening (ladies don’t sweat, we glisten).
· Olive oil or coconut oil as a moisturizer for skin & hair (also a great make-up remover).
· A swish of diluted vanilla to mask bad breath (also used for tooth aches).
· Use lemon juice as a nail whitener (that means you smokers!).
· Apply ice to reduce redness and inflammation on breakouts.
· Use vodka as toner on dull skin to brighten, rinse if desired.
· Apply tea bags to reduce dark circles under eyes.
· Use cold cucumber or potato to combat puffy tired eyes.
· Try cocoa powder or cinnamon as bronzer.
· Dab on some apple cider vinegar to sooth itchy mosquito bites.
· Use cornstarch with a quarter amount of baking soda for dry shampoo (add cocoa for dark hair).
· Apply pomegranate juice to your lips as a tint/ stain (only need one seed).
· Use apple cider vinegar or lemon to cleanse away foot odor.
If you have any tips for servers or people who work within the food industry using only kitchen products please list them in the comment section below!